Do Thy Know Thyself?
Think about how exciting it is to get to know someone new. You probably ask loads of questions, want to spend a lot of time with them, lean into the awkward stages and pay close attention to their answers and responses. Have you ever considered doing that for yourself? Do you feel like you invest as much time getting to know others as you do getting to know yourself? Can you answer questions like…”what do you want out of life?” or “what lights you up inside?”
In case you didn’t realize, your relationship with yourself is the most important relationship you have.
“He who knows others is wise; he who knows himself is enlightened.”
― Lao Tzu
s incredibly important. You are essentially with yourself and your thoughts 24-7.
Consider this…You are definitely not the same person you were a year ago or even 10 years ago. Your ideas may have changed, new experiences may have shaped you, and circumstances may have created new perspectives for you.
As we continue this journey of self-discovery and connecting with self, lets start asking ourselves question as a way to get to know our selves and re-connect with who we are in this space and time, with the understanding that we are beautifully evolving creatures.
Write out your answers in a journal or a sacred space… and spend time listening, learning, and discovering. You’re worth it.
Connect with self- JOURNAL PROMPTS:
- What do you like about yourself?
- What are you grateful for?
- What do your friendships mean to you?
- What is a trigger for you?
- When did you last cry – why?
- Tell 3 great things about yourself?
- How do you feel about your friendships and relationships?
- How do you feel about love?
- Do you believe in soulmates?
- How do you feel about your life -meaning; purpose; where you’re at?
- How do you feel about death?
- How do you feel about your childhood?
- Is there anything or anyone you want o to forgive and move past?
- What in your childhood shaped the person you are today?
- Describe a great day?
- If you could have any ability- what would it be and why?
- Who need s more love in your life?
- What is your deepest secret?
- What makes you angry
- What is your deepest fear?
- What is your greatest desire?
- What makes you laugh; What brings you joy?
- What makes you scared?
- What makes you cry?
- What do you want to accomplish?
- What great things happened in your childhood?
- 3 qualities you admire in someone close to you – why?
- What is your greatest accomplishment?
- What is your treasured memory?
- What does your dream life look like?
- What does happiness look like?
- What limiting beliefs do you want to work on?
- What are your lifetime goals?
- If you couldn’t fail – what would you do?
“Look around you. Everything changes. everything on this earth is in a continuous state of evolving, refining, improving, adapting, enhancing, and changing. You were not put on this earth to remain stagnant.”
-Dr. Steve Mataboli
Remember that we are beautifully evolving creatures. We weren’t made to remain the same. As you ask your the questions in your sacred space, try to pay close attention to your answers and the truth behind them. You may discover something truly amazing along the way.
The Secrets to processing big emotions, fears and traumas – Self-Soothing Techniques + our nervous systems #What’s next? (2)
Hey Baddies More about our nervous system… Bet you didn’t know that the nervous system affects more than just the nerves in our body. The Latin derivative for the word emotion, ‘emotere’, literally means energy in motion. It is the feeling sensation and physiological reaction that makes a specific emotion positive or negative. When we […]
The secrets to processing big emotions, fears and traumas – Self-Soothing Techniques #All the feels. (1)
Hey Baddies! Imagine this: You just got in a horrible fight with your significant other and are raging…what do you do? You hear your co-workers whispering about you and feel disrespected…what’s your next move? You have experienced a major loss …how do you handle this? Life really has a way of throwing challenges our way […]
30 ways to a better & brighter day + tips for releasing negative emotions and stress. Learn to self regulate today! (#calm down)
Hey Baddies, this next statement may surprise you… “The truth is that stress doesn’t come from your boss, your kids, your spouse, traffic jams, health challenges, or other circumstances. It comes from your thoughts about your circumstances.”―Andrew Bernstein Oof, that’s a tough quote. Essentially, its saying that we have more control over our lives and […]